Gerdau (GGB) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.7%. By the end of trading, Gerdau rose 47 cents (6.1%) to $8.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8.4 million shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.71-$8.20 after having opened the day at $7.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.66. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: General Steel Holdings (GSI), up 15.1%, Ur-Energy (URG), up 12.8%, Entree Gold (EGI), up 10.8%, and Ivanhoe Mines (IVN), up 10.8%. Gerdau S.A. engages in the production and sale of steel products in Brazil and internationally. Gerdau has a market cap of $13.28 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.4, below the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 14.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Gerdau a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gerdau as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GGB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV