Gerdau SA (GGB): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner
Gerdau (GGB) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.7%. By the end of trading, Gerdau rose 47 cents (6.1%) to $8.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8.4 million shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.71-$8.20 after having opened the day at $7.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.66. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: General Steel Holdings (GSI), up 15.1%, Ur-Energy (URG), up 12.8%, Entree Gold (EGI), up 10.8%, and Ivanhoe Mines (IVN), up 10.8%. Gerdau S.A. engages in the production and sale of steel products in Brazil and internationally. Gerdau has a market cap of $13.28 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.4, below the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 14.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Gerdau a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gerdau as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV