Verastem, Inc., (NASDAQ: VSTM) a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing drugs to treat breast and other cancers by targeting cancer stem cells, announced that it will host a remote opening of the NASDAQ Stock Market in its laboratory in Cambridge, MA, on May 22, 2012. This marks the first time that a NASDAQ opening will take place from inside the laboratory of a biopharmaceutical company.
Christoph Westphal, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman and CEO of Verastem, will ring the Opening Bell. Dr. Westphal will be joined by Robert Weinberg, Ph.D., a pioneer in cancer research and Verastem co-founder and Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board, and Verastem employees to commemorate the event.
The Company initiated trading on the NASDAQ Global Market following the successful completion of its IPO in early 2012. The event will be broadcast on the major business networks and a live feed can be accessed at: http://www.nasdaq.com/about/marketsitetowervideo.asx.
About Verastem, Inc.Verastem, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSTM) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing drugs to treat breast and other cancers by targeting cancer stem cells. Cancer stem cells are an underlying cause of tumor recurrence and metastasis. For more information please visit www.verastem.com. Forward-looking statements: Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for the Company constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements. The Company anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause the Company’s views to change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV