6. United Parcel Service
Background: UPS (UPS) had one of the largest IPOs of its time. In November 1999, it raised $5.5 billion. The Atlanta-based logistics and delivery company is easily identified by its brown parcel trucks. However the company has been growing its store franchises, named The UPS Store, as well, after acquiring Mail Boxes Etc.
Stock performance: UPS shares are up 1.75% this year. The stock gained 0.59% to reach $74.47 Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV