11. HCA Holdings
Background: HCA Holdings (HCA), the parent company of the Hospital Corp. of America, is a fairly new addition to the top 10 list. The health care services operator underwent an IPO in March 2011, raising $4.4 billion, after being taken private in 2006. Headquartered in Nashville, HCA operates and owns 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers as well as diagnostic and imaging centers, radiation and oncology therapy centers, rehabilitation and physical therapy centers and other facilities, according to its profile.
HCA describes itself as the nation's leading provider of healthcare services. Approximately 4% to 5% of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities, the company says.
Stock performance: Shares of HCA have fallen more than 17% since its debut as a public company last year. The stock was up 3.98% Monday to $25.61.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV