11. HCA Holdings
Background: HCA Holdings (HCA), the parent company of the Hospital Corp. of America, is a fairly new addition to the top 10 list. The health care services operator underwent an IPO in March 2011, raising $4.4 billion, after being taken private in 2006. Headquartered in Nashville, HCA operates and owns 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers as well as diagnostic and imaging centers, radiation and oncology therapy centers, rehabilitation and physical therapy centers and other facilities, according to its profile.
HCA describes itself as the nation's leading provider of healthcare services. Approximately 4% to 5% of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities, the company says.
Stock performance: Shares of HCA have fallen more than 17% since its debut as a public company last year. The stock was up 3.98% Monday to $25.61.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV