"Exelon will host an analyst meeting on June 7th in New York City to outline strategic, operational and financial plans," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a May 6 report. "Management has made it clear that they are very committed to maintaining the dividend and strong credit metrics. We believe that keys for FY12 include: 1) the hedging of most of Exelon Generation's expected FY12 generation well ahead of recent declines of power and natural gas prices; 2) continued excellent nuclear operations; and 3) continued financial discipline."
Shares of Exelon hit a 52-week low of $37.12 on Monday. The stock's 52-week high of $45.45. was set on Nov.9.Exelon trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio of 12.66 times; the average for conventional electric companies is 22.17. For comparison, Southern (SO) has a higher forward P/E of 16.15. Fifteen of the 21 analysts who cover Exelon rated it hold; six analysts gave the stock a buy rating. The stock has fallen 14.18% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV