Facebook's underwriters priced its IPO at $38 a share, selling 421.2 million shares in the offering. The IPO raised $16 billion for the company and its investors, but left little for an after-market pop, rising just 0.6% on Friday. In January, TheStreet conducted a poll, with almost 75% of readers saying they did not think Facebook was worth $100 billion.
|What do you think of Facebook's IPO?|
Facebook's IPO had 31 underwriters, led by Morgan Stanley (MS), JPMorgan (JPM) and Goldman Sachs (GS). Despite incredible interest in the offering, the underwriters used a significant portion of their allotment defending the $38 level, as investor demand seemed to be waning.
Underwriters buying shares on the first day is hardly a confidence inspiring sign, and may indicate an error in judgement on the investment bankers' part. Was Facebook's IPO priced perfectly given its performance on Friday and so far today?TheStreet wants to know what you think. Vote in our poll and results will be up tomorrow afternoon. Facebook shares are solidly lower in Monday trading, off 8.7% to $34.90.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV