Which GOP Losers Are Drowning in Debt?
By Mark Russell, Newser Staff
Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum may hate the US national debt, but for now they have a much more local spending fight on their hands -- their personal campaign costs.
As of the end of April, Santorum had $2.3 million in debt versus just $1.3 million in cash reserves, and Gingrich was stuck with a brutal $4.8 million in debt but only $807,000 in cash, reports Politico.
--Written by Mark Russell of Newser
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV