Virgin Media (VMED) is engaged in entertainment and communications business. This stock is trading up 3.1% at $22.15 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.55 millionAverage Volume: 3.26 million Volume % Change: 54% From a technical perspective, VMED is bouncing here right near some previous support at $21.25 with decent volume. This move is pushing VMED within range of a near-term breakout trade. That trade will trigger once VMED takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $22.73 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if VMED can sustain a move or close above $22.73 with volume that's near or above 3,255,680 shares. If we get that action soon, then look for VMED to re-test its 50-day moving average of $23.90 or possibly trend much higher. On the flipside, I would look for short-biased trades if VMED fails to trigger that breakout, and then takes out some near-term support zones at $21.25 to $20.48 with high volume. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV