Groupon (GRPN) is a local e-commerce marketplace that connects merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount. This stock is trading up 7.9% at $12.50 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 4.4 millionAverage Volume: 3.2 million Volume % Change: 108% From a technical perspective, GRPN is ripping significantly higher here on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing GRPN within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once GRPN takes out some near-term overhead resistance at just above $13, and then its 50-day moving average of $13.71 with high-volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades if GRPN can trigger that move on volume that's near or above 3,191,230 shares. If we get that action soon, then GRPN will have a great chance of challenging and possibly taking out some major overhead resistance at $14.93. On the flipside, I would look for short-biased trades if GRPN fails to sustain a move or close above its 50-day at $13.71. I also featured Groupon, one of Maverick Capital's holdings, last week in "8 Stocks Set to Soar off Facebook's IPO."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV