Volterra Semiconductor (VLTR) designs, develops and markets analog and mixed-signal power management semiconductors for the computing, storage, networking, and consumer markets. This stock is trading up 3.1% at $31.18 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 223,000Average Volume: 279,265 Volume % Change: 56% From a technical perspective, VLTR is ripping sharply higher here with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing VLTR within range of a breakout trade. That trade will hit once VLTR takes out its 50-day moving average of $31.90 with high-volume. >>Top 5 Tech Stocks in a Down Market Traders should now look for long-biased trades if VLTR can sustain a move or close over $31.90 with volume that's near or above 279,265 shares. If we get that action soon, look for VLTR to re-test its next near-term overhead resistance levels at $33.39 to its 52-week high of $34.87. On the flipside, I would look for short-biased trades if VLTR fails to take out its 50-day, and then moves back below some near-term support at $28.79 with heavy volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV