NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It was really inevitable. As hot sectors mature, the multiple folks are willing to pay for earnings has to decline, toward that of the market as a whole.
So this month, all the big cloud-related stocks have fallen faster than the market. Rackspace (RAX), Red Hat (RHT) and VMWare (VMW) are all down over 10% this month, a move that has accelerated as the month has gone on.
One result is that their price-to-earnings multiples are almost getting affordable. VMWare is down to 55, still rich but more in line with the 21.74 of EMC, which owns 80% of it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV