Employees of the social media giant, which went public Friday, have donated $38,850 to Obama while giving Romney just $7,500, analysis of Federal Election Commission data showed.
Total Facebook contributions come in far short of the top 20 organizations that have funded Obama's campaign. For comparison among Internet companies, Google (GOOG) leads the way with $191,719 sent to the president.Silicon Valley favored Obama in his 2008 run as Microsoft, Google and IBM were among the top 20 donors to his successful campaign, and combined to give some $2.2 million in that election cycle. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, founder Bill Gates and former Oracle (ORCL) President Charles Phillips each donated $50,000 to Obama's 2009 inauguration fund. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has not contributed to either presidential candidate's campaign, but he did make a $5,000 contribution to the company's PAC. The Facebook PAC has raised $330,009 and spent about half on congressional and senate hopefuls that included Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio), Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R., Ky.) 2014 re-election run. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV