May 21, 2012–Dendreon Corporation (NASDAQ: DNDN) today announced the following PROVENGE® (sipuleucel-T) data will be presented at the American Urological Association (AUA) Annual Meeting taking place May 19 – 23, 2012 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- “Sipuleucel-T in African Americans: A Subgroup Analysis of Three Phase 3 Trials of Sipuleucel-T in Metastatic Castrate Resistant Prostate Cancer,” abstract #953. Moderated Poster Session, Prostate Cancer: Advanced III from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. ET on Monday, May 21, 2012.
- “Estimating the Overall Survival Benefit of Sipuleucel-T in the IMPACT Trial Accounting for Crossover Treatment in Control Subjects with Autologous Immunotherapy Generated From Cyropreserved Cells,” abstract #683. Oral Presentation, Prostate Cancer: Advanced 1 Podium from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 20, 2012.
“These data continue to support the overall survival benefit of PROVENGE, an important treatment option for men with asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer,” said Mark Frohlich, MD, executive vice president and chief medical officer. “As shown in Phase 3 clinical trials, PROVENGE demonstrated an overall survival benefit and represents an important treatment option for men with advanced prostate cancer.”
Abstract #953: Sipuleucel-T in African Americans: A Subgroup Analysis of Three Phase 3 Trials of Sipuleucel-T in Metastatic Castrate Resistant Prostate Cancer
This exploratory analysis evaluated the survival benefit associated with PROVENGE in the African American men who participated in the three PROVENGE Phase 3 studies, including the IMPACT trial. Among 737 patients with metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer, 488 were randomized to receive PROVENGE (African American, 33; Caucasian, 437; other races, 18) and 249 were randomized to the control arm (African American, 10; Caucasian, 229; other races, 10). Cox proportional hazards regression analysis was used to assess the treatment effect on overall survival in all randomized patients and the African American subpopulation.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts