Cooper Industries: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P 500 was rising 8.5 points, or 0.66%, to 1,303.81.
Shares of Cooper hit a 52-week high Monday of $71.37. The stock's 52-week low of $41.16 was set on Aug. 23.Cooper trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 14.22 times; the average for electrical components companies is 12.4. For comparison, Avnet (AVT) has a lower forward P/E of 6.48. Eleven of the 21 analysts who cover Cooper Industries rated it buy; 10 analysts gave the stock a hold rating. The stock has risen 29.31% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV