VINELAND, N.J., May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Small business owners are paying big dollars at the gas pump these days: nearly 75% of business owners say that rising fuel costs are directly affecting their business, according to a recent survey. Sun National Bank knows that every penny counts and offers innovative ways and smart services for entrepreneurs and business owners to manage escalating fuel costs, enhance operating efficiency and overall, reduce expenses.
To save money, gas and time while doing your banking:
- Don't drive to the bank, use online banking. By paying your bills electronically, you can reduce your trips to the post office and lower your check, envelope and postage costs -- especially if your online billpay is free.
- Offer direct deposit to your employees to cut down on back-and-forth trips to the bank or credit union to deposit or cash paychecks. This conserves fuel, saves time and increases productivity.
- Take advantage of remote deposit services, which enable you to scan and deposit checks without leaving your office. Not only does this reduce or eliminate the need to drive to a branch to make deposits, it also increases your daily "deposit window" of time.
- Leverage your existing business spending for added benefits -- earn rewards for fuel, travel costs and more by using a credit card that offers desirable rewards (such as the Business Edition Visa® Card with Maximum Rewards from Sun National Bank).
OTHER MONEY-SAVING TIPSTo avoid last-resort options to combat escalating fuel prices, such as cutting employees' hours or raising customer prices, Sun National Bank also offers these money-saving tips:
- Whether your business travel involves client meetings or deliveries, look for ways to streamline vehicle usage. Teleconferencing or online videoconferencing such as Skype can still serve as effective personal interactions, without having to hit the road. Also, review how often you're delivering to a given customer in a certain region -- perhaps there are ways to increase the efficiency of deliveries.
- Empower your employees to make energy-saving decisions such as turning off unused equipment or carpooling. Consider offering employees flex time so they can work from home a few days a month and conserve gas -- this can save fuel and boost morale!
- Schedule an energy audit to improve efficiency and save money. Your local utility company or municipality might offer this service for free.
- Install timers, automatic sensors or programmable thermostats for lighting and heating systems.
- Replace light fixtures and bulbs with energy-efficient alternatives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV