PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) â¿¿ Metal parts maker Precision Castparts Corp. said Monday that it has agreed on cash deals to buy Dickson Testing Co. and Aerocraft Heat Treating Co. Financial terms were not disclosed.
South Gate, Calif.-based Dickson offers a variety of testing services used in the manufacture of aerospace parts, while Paramount, Calif.-based Aerocraft provides heat treating services for titanium and nickel alloy forgings and castings used in the aerospace industry, along with other services, Precision Castparts said.
Portland, Ore.-based Precision, which makes metal parts for aerospace, power and general industrial markets, said Dickson and Aerocraft provide essential services to the aerospace industry, including many of its own manufacturing operations.
Precision said it expects the additions of the companies to immediately boost its profits. The deals, which remain subject to regulatory approval, are expected to close in the first quarter of fiscal 2013.Dickson has about 110 employees, while Aerocraft has nearly 60, Precision said. Precision Castparts closed at $167.48 on Friday. Its shares are closer to the high end of their 52-week range of $136.04 and $179.47 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV