- a $6.3 million ($6.3 million after-tax, or $0.12 per common share) charge to general and administrative expenses related to a previously disclosed settlement with the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- a $3.9 million ($3.0 million after-tax, or $0.06 per common share) impairment charge included in “Gain on asset disposition, net” related to a write-down to estimated fair market value of eleven vessels and related parts inventory that were expected to be sold to a scrap dealer.
- an effective income tax rate for the quarter of 52.6%, in part reflecting the impact of the two previously discussed charges which have virtually no related tax benefits. The quarterly effective tax rate also reflects an increase in the Company’s estimated annual effective tax rate exclusive of discrete items (including the two discussed above) from approximately 23% to the final fiscal 2011 effective tax rate excluding discrete items of approximately 26%. The impact of this increased tax rate on fourth quarter diluted earnings per share totaled $0.10, with $0.02 per common share pertaining to fourth quarter earnings and $0.08 per common share related to the cumulative effect on income tax expense related to the three prior quarters’ earnings.
Tidewater Reports Fourth Quarter Results And Year End Earnings For Fiscal 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.