Tidewater Inc. (NYSE:TDW) announced today fourth quarter net earnings for the period ended March 31, 2012, of $33.6 million, or $0.66 per common share, on revenues of $289.4 million. For fiscal year ended March 31, 2012, net earnings were $87.4 million, or $1.70 per common share, on revenues of $1,067.0 million. For fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, net earnings were $105.6 million, or $2.05 per common share, on revenues of $1,055.4 million.
There were no items of significance to highlight in the March 31, 2012 quarter, but included in the prior year’s net earnings for the March 31, 2011 quarter were:
- a $6.3 million ($6.3 million after-tax, or $0.12 per common share) charge to general and administrative expenses related to a previously disclosed settlement with the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- a $3.9 million ($3.0 million after-tax, or $0.06 per common share) impairment charge included in “Gain on asset disposition, net” related to a write-down to estimated fair market value of eleven vessels and related parts inventory that were expected to be sold to a scrap dealer.
- an effective income tax rate for the quarter of 52.6%, in part reflecting the impact of the two previously discussed charges which have virtually no related tax benefits. The quarterly effective tax rate also reflects an increase in the Company’s estimated annual effective tax rate exclusive of discrete items (including the two discussed above) from approximately 23% to the final fiscal 2011 effective tax rate excluding discrete items of approximately 26%. The impact of this increased tax rate on fourth quarter diluted earnings per share totaled $0.10, with $0.02 per common share pertaining to fourth quarter earnings and $0.08 per common share related to the cumulative effect on income tax expense related to the three prior quarters’ earnings.
As previously announced, Tidewater will hold a conference call to discuss March quarterly earnings and annual earnings on Monday, May 21, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. Central time. Investors and interested parties may listen to the teleconference via telephone by calling 1-888-388-7493 if calling from the U.S. or Canada (1-706-679-8348 if calling from outside the U.S.) and ask for the “Tidewater” call just prior to the scheduled start. A replay of the conference call will be available beginning at 12:00 p.m. Central time on May 21, 2012, and will continue until 11:59 p.m. Central time on May 23, 2012. To hear the replay, call 1-855-859-2056 (1-404-537-3406 if calling from outside the U.S.). The conference call ID number is 76684860.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV