Infoblox Inc. (NYSE:BLOX) today announced its IPv6 Center of Excellence experts will host a live IPv6 webinar to present a detailed, step-by-step guide to adopt IPv6 and join the Internet Society’s World IPv6 Launch.
“IPv4 is now officially on life support,” says Tom Coffeen, IPv6 Evangelist for the Infoblox IPv6 Center of Excellence. “Soon, there will be a very large audience in the millions with IPv6-compatible devices that will be completely in the dark to the online presence, brand, communication and sales efforts of companies that do not support IPv6. To participate in the new IPv6 Internet ecosystem and reach the broadest audience possible, companies around the world need to start adopting the new IPv6 address scheme today.”
By bringing together ISPs, networking equipment manufacturers, and web companies around the world, like Google, Yahoo and Facebook, to permanently enable IPv6 for their products and services, the World IPv6 Launch offers companies the opportunity to participate in the inevitable evolution of the Internet from the current IPv4 addressing scheme to the new IPv6 addressing protocol.
With the proper preparation, anyone can join the event at any time to jump-start their IPv6 adoption. The easiest way for most companies to meaningfully participate is to make their main websites available over IPv6. Here are 6 steps companies can take today to do this:
- Get IPv6 addresses from your Regional Internet Registry (RIR) or ISP
- Get IPv6 connectivity from your ISP
- Identify candidate web and DNS server(s) and the supporting network(s) for IPv6 adoption
- Audit web and DNS server(s) and supporting network(s) for IPv6 support
- For web and DNS server(s) as well as supporting network(s), configure dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 (or employ appropriate transition technology)
- Publish IPv6 DNS records (AAAAs) for the main website
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV