Infoblox Inc. (NYSE:BLOX) today announced its IPv6 Center of Excellence experts will host a live IPv6 webinar to present a detailed, step-by-step guide to adopt IPv6 and join the Internet Society’s World IPv6 Launch.
“IPv4 is now officially on life support,” says Tom Coffeen, IPv6 Evangelist for the Infoblox IPv6 Center of Excellence. “Soon, there will be a very large audience in the millions with IPv6-compatible devices that will be completely in the dark to the online presence, brand, communication and sales efforts of companies that do not support IPv6. To participate in the new IPv6 Internet ecosystem and reach the broadest audience possible, companies around the world need to start adopting the new IPv6 address scheme today.”
By bringing together ISPs, networking equipment manufacturers, and web companies around the world, like Google, Yahoo and Facebook, to permanently enable IPv6 for their products and services, the World IPv6 Launch offers companies the opportunity to participate in the inevitable evolution of the Internet from the current IPv4 addressing scheme to the new IPv6 addressing protocol.
With the proper preparation, anyone can join the event at any time to jump-start their IPv6 adoption. The easiest way for most companies to meaningfully participate is to make their main websites available over IPv6. Here are 6 steps companies can take today to do this:
- Get IPv6 addresses from your Regional Internet Registry (RIR) or ISP
- Get IPv6 connectivity from your ISP
- Identify candidate web and DNS server(s) and the supporting network(s) for IPv6 adoption
- Audit web and DNS server(s) and supporting network(s) for IPv6 support
- For web and DNS server(s) as well as supporting network(s), configure dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 (or employ appropriate transition technology)
- Publish IPv6 DNS records (AAAAs) for the main website