Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCRX) today announced that it has been selected for inclusion in the NASDAQ Biotechnology Index® (NASDAQ: NBI) effective today. The National Biotechnology Index is designed to track the performance of biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies listed exclusively on the NASDAQ Global Select Market or on the NASDAQ Global Market that meet eligibility criteria including a minimum market capitalization of $200 million and a minimum daily trading volume of 100,000 shares, amongst other requirements.
The index is ranked semi-annually in May and November and serves as the basis for the iShares NASDAQ Biotechnology Index Fund (Nasdaq:IBB). In addition, options based on the NASDAQ Biotechnology Index and the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology Index Fund trade on various exchanges. For more information about the NBI, including eligibility criteria, visit https://indexes.nasdaqomx.com/docs/methodology_NBI.pdf.
Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCRX) is an emerging specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the clinical and commercial development of new products that meet the needs of acute care practitioners and their patients. The company's current emphasis is the development of non-opioid products for postsurgical pain control, and its lead product, EXPAREL® (bupivacaine liposome injectable suspension), was commercially launched in the United States in April 2012. EXPAREL and two other commercially available products utilize the Pacira proprietary product delivery technology DepoFoam®, a unique platform that encapsulates drugs without altering their molecular structure and then releases them over a desired period of time. Additional information about Pacira is available at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV