~Driving on CNG from Plymouth to NYC over Four Days~
May 21, 2012
/PRNewswire/ - Westport Innovations Inc. (TSX:WPT / NASDAQ:WPRT), the global leader in natural gas engines, is taking its first natural gas pick-up truck on a road trip across the
this week, from
May 21 to 24
. Driving entirely on compressed natural gas (CNG), a team from Westport Innovations will make the 700 mile drive in the brand new Westport™ WiNG powered bi-fuel Ford F-250 Super Duty truck.
During stops in
; the public will have the chance to view and drive this low carbon fuel vehicle. This will be the first opportunity for many people to see and drive this new product. In
New York City
, the Ford F-250 will be parked in Times Square.
The "Where in the World is Westport WiNG?" tour will be stopping at:
- Valley Ford Truck Sales, Cleveland OH - May 21 from noon to 3 p.m.
- SARTA-Clean Energy, Canton OH - May 21 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Allegheny Ford Truck Sales, Pittsburgh PA - May 22 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- John Kennedy Ford, Pottstown PA - May 23 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Times Square, New York City, NY - May 24 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Follow the road trip at
or on Twitter
CNG at the pump is close to half the price of diesel or gasoline in the US. While there are currently fewer natural gas fueling stations than traditional gasoline stations, the natural gas station numbers are growing, and it's now possible to do a long-haul trip entirely on natural gas. Organizations like CNGnow.com make it easier with their handy maps of the current stations available. And natural gas is a domestic resource with availability into the next century.