Buckeye Earns Forestry Certifications
Buckeye Technologies Inc. (NYSE: BKI) announced today that Buckeye Florida has achieved forestry certifications from three internationally recognized organizations that promote responsibly managed forests: the Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC), the Sustainable Forestry Initiative ® (SFI), and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
The purpose of these certifications is to ensure that companies which use forest resources meet society’s needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Buckeye received the certifications after a rigorous year-long process of developing documents, manuals, and procedures to guide fiber procurement and track fiber chain of custody.
The certification to the FSC standard is for Chain of Custody. The SFI certifications are for the SFI Standard 2010-2014 and for SFI Chain of Custody. The certification to the PEFC standard is for Chain of Custody.Howard Drew, Buckeye’s Vice President, Wood Cellulose Manufacturing, said the certifications are an extension of the company’s long-standing policy of practicing sustainable forestry. “Buckeye is committed to monitoring and reviewing its sustainable forestry programs and to continually improving and broadening the practice of sustainable forestry. These independent, third party certifications reflect our commitment to meeting customer demand for products that are derived from forest fiber that is legally harvested and well-managed.” Buckeye, a leading manufacturer and marketer of specialty fibers and nonwoven materials, is headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, USA. The Company currently operates facilities in the United States, Germany, and Canada. Its products are sold worldwide to makers of consumer and industrial goods.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV