Leggett & Platt Inc. (LEG): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
Leggett & Platt (LEG) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Leggett & Platt fell 18 cents (-0.9%) to $19.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Leggett & Platt exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.75-$20.16 after having opened the day at $20.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.07. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Mad Catz Interactive (MCZ), down 9.1%, Chromcraft Revington (CRC), down 9%, Stanley Furniture Company (STLY), down 4.6%, and Hooker Furniture Corporation (HOFT), down 4.4%. Leggett & Platt, Incorporated designs and produces various engineered components and products worldwide. Leggett & Platt has a market cap of $2.86 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.6, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Leggett & Platt a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Leggett & Platt as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Leggett & Platt Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV