Gentex Corporation (GNTX): Today's Featured Automotive Loser
Gentex Corporation (GNTX) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Gentex Corporation fell 75 cents (-3.4%) to $21.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Gentex Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.56-$22.52 after having opened the day at $22.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.39. Other company's within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide (QTWW), down 12%, Supreme Industries (STS), down 8.6%, Orbital (OBT), down 6.6%, and China Zenix Auto International Ltd ADR (ZX), down 5.8%. Gentex Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets electro-optical products for the automotive, commercial building, and aircraft industries primarily in the United States, Germany, and Japan. Gentex Corporation has a market cap of $3.26 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.4, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 24.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Gentex Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gentex Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Gentex Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV