PSS World Medical (PSSI) pushed the Wholesale industry higher today making it today's featured wholesale winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, PSS World Medical rose 16 cents (0.8%) to $18.91 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 987,958 shares of PSS World Medical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 586,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.71-$19.06 after having opened the day at $18.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.75. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that increased today were: Longwei Petroleum Investment Holding Limite (LPH), up 9.4%, Crystal Rock Holdings (CRVP), up 6.5%, Senomyx (SNMX), up 4%, and China Metro-Rural Holdings (CNR), up 3.1%. PSS World Medical, Inc. distributes medical products and equipments, pharmaceutical products, healthcare information technology, physician dispensing solutions, and professional services to alternate-site healthcare providers in the United States. PSS World Medical has a market cap of $977.4 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.8, equal to the average wholesale industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 22.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is one analyst that rates PSS World Medical a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PSS World Medical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full PSS World Medical Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV