Donaldson Company (DCI) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Donaldson Company rose 49 cents (1.5%) to $33.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 908,302 shares of Donaldson Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 518,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.58-$34 after having opened the day at $33.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.54. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: THT Heat Transfer Technology (THTI), up 9.6%, Asia Pacific Wire & Cable Corp (APWC), up 6.8%, Beazer Homes USA (BZH), up 6.7%, and Compx International (CIX), up 4.9%. Donaldson Company, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of filtration systems and replacement parts worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Engine Products and Industrial Products. Donaldson Company has a market cap of $5.04 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.9, below the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 21 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Donaldson Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Donaldson Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Donaldson Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DCI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV