Prestige Brands Holdings Inc (PBH): Today's Featured Health Care Winner
Prestige Brands Holdings (PBH) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Prestige Brands Holdings rose 15 cents (1.1%) to $13.85 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Prestige Brands Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 788,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.62-$14 after having opened the day at $13.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.70. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Rosetta Genomics (ROSG), up 39.2%, Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN), up 8.6%, Skystar Bio-Pharmaceutical Company (SKBI), up 6.8%, and ProPhase Labs (PRPH), up 6.8%. Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in marketing, selling, and distributing over-the-counter healthcare and household cleaning products primarily in North America. Prestige Brands Holdings has a market cap of $691.4 million and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.9, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 15.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Prestige Brands Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Prestige Brands Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Prestige Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV