Cymer Inc. (CYMI): Today's Featured Electronics Winner
Cymer (CYMI) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Cymer rose 46 cents (0.9%) to $50.96 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 488,814 shares of Cymer exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 324,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.41-$51.36 after having opened the day at $50.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.50. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: GigOptix (GIG), up 12.3%, Planar Systems (PLNR), up 10.5%, Microvision (MVIS), up 9.8%, and Schmitt Industries (SMIT), up 8.7%. Cymer, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of light sources for the manufacturers of photolithography tools in the semiconductor equipment industry. Cymer has a market cap of $1.57 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.8, equal to the average electronics industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Cymer a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cymer as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Cymer Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV