Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Novo Nordisk A/S rose 77 cents (0.6%) to $141.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 272,128 shares of Novo Nordisk A/S exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 294,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $140.38-$141.55 after having opened the day at $140.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $140.71. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Rosetta Genomics (ROSG), up 39.2%, Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN), up 8.6%, Skystar Bio-Pharmaceutical Company (SKBI), up 6.8%, and ProPhase Labs (PRPH), up 6.8%. Novo Nordisk A/S, a healthcare company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceutical products in Denmark and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Diabetes Care and Biopharmaceuticals. Novo Nordisk A/S has a market cap of $82.2 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of four, below the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 25.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 22.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Novo Nordisk A/S a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Novo Nordisk A/S as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Novo Nordisk A/S Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NVO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV