Wolverine World Wide (WWW) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Wolverine World Wide rose 33 cents (0.8%) to $40.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 676,480 shares of Wolverine World Wide exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 798,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.71-$41.69 after having opened the day at $40.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.63. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Summer Infant (SUMR), up 9.1%, Bridgford Foods Corporation (BRID), up 8.1%, Reeds (REED), up 7.7%, and MGP Ingredients (MGPI), up 7.3%. Wolverine World Wide, Inc. designs, manufactures, sources, markets, licenses, and distributes branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. It offers industrial work shoes, boots, uniform shoes, outdoor sports footwear, rugged casual footwear, lifestyle footwear, sandals, and closed-toe products. Wolverine World Wide has a market cap of $2.06 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.6, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and equal to the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Wolverine World Wide a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Wolverine World Wide as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Wolverine World Wide Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WWW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV