HDFC Bank Ltd (HDB): Today's Featured Banking Winner
HDFC Bank (HDB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank rose 40 cents (1.4%) to $29.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 743,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.93-$29.28 after having opened the day at $29.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.66. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: First Financial Service Corporation (FFKY), up 12.4%, NewBridge Bancorp (NBBC), up 10.5%, FNB United (FNBN), up 6.5%, and BCSB Bankcorp (BCSB), up 6.5%. HDFC Bank Limited provides banking and financial services to individuals and businesses in India. The company offers savings, current, and demat accounts, as well as accepts fixed and recurring deposits. HDFC Bank has a market cap of $22.98 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.2, above the average banking industry P/E ratio of 22.5 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is one analyst that rates HDFC Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates HDFC Bank as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full HDFC Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV