10 Cheapest Sports Cars of 2012
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A good summer sports car will blow other cars off the line. A great one will do it without blowing away your bottom line.
That summer sun gives drivers an urge to cruise and a need for speed. Unless you're planning on driving the Grand Prix circuit at Monaco with the rest of the world's high-priced playthings, though, there's no need to drop six figures on a Maserati GranTurismo or the price of a three-bedroom house in the 'burbs on a Ferrari.
The folks at auto pricing site TrueCar see a whole lot of value in low-priced sports cars and came up with a list of the 10 least costly speedsters on the market. They may not be quite as powerful as their high-priced supercar contemporaries, but they won't burn up your savings or your gas budget quite as quickly:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV