- Patriot earned $546,000, or $0.01 per diluted share, in the quarter ended March 31, 2012 compared to a net loss of $9.0 million, or $0.23 loss per share, in the first quarter a year ago.
- The net interest margin increased 39 basis points to 3.25% for the quarter ended March 31, 2012, compared to 2.86% in the first quarter a year ago.
- Non-accrual loans decreased 24.8% to $15.5 million at March 31, 2012, or 3.3%, of total loans as compared to $20.7 million three months earlier.
- Other real estate owned (OREO) decreased 47.1% to $1.5 million at March 31, 2012 compared to $2.8 million three months earlier.
- Non-performing assets, which consist of non-accrual loans and OREO, declined to $17.0 million, or 2.5% of total assets compared to $23.4 million, or 3.5% just three months earlier, and $33.5 million, or 4.7% of total assets a year ago.
- Non-interest income increased 28.6% compared to the same quarter in the prior year as a result of a gain from the sale of residential loans.
- Non-interest operating expenses were 17.4% lower in the current quarter compared to the same period in the prior year resulting from lower salaries and benefits, occupancy and OREO expenses.
- Total Capital to Risk Weighted Assets was 16.0% for Patriot and 15.5% for the Bank at March 31, 2012.
Patriot National Bancorp Earns $546,000 In First Quarter
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.