- SecureMedia® Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+ from Motorola Medios
- DreamGallery™ from Motorola Medios – HTML5 & Home Cloud Technology. DreamGallery is to TV what search was to the Web. Discover next-generation TV that's as personalized, dynamic and rich as the Internet. Service providers can offer an on-screen interface that can be customized to each subscriber and updated on-the-fly to include new services, features and applications. DreamGallery will also allow them to deliver the first consistent TV Everywhere experience across multiple screens.
- Managed Home Solutions – End-to-End Solutions for Connected Home Services. Motorola's Managed Home Solutions – including the award-winning 4Home platform – provide a full-service suite of platform, network and cloud-based tools for enabling connected home services that help consumers save time, energy, and money via remote monitoring and control of their home.
EMPOWERING THE IP CONNECTED HOME OF THE FUTURE THROUGH SMARTER NETWORK TECHNOLOGYMotorola also continues to add intelligence to the network to help deliver more bandwidth for more video, data and connections . At The Cable Show 2012, Motorola will be demonstrating how its intelligent network evolution empowers providers to deliver the complete home ecosystem of the future.
Motorola's latest network innovations that will be on display at the show include:
- VSN200 Optical Node (NEW) – The VSN200 1 GHz 2X2 Optical Node provides the smart solution to a complex issue facing service providers today: How do you economically provide ultra-broadband services, while optimizing your existing infrastructure, to deliver the future of TV? Operators can repurpose existing housings by efficiently installing the new system using only an Electronics Package (E-Pack) and Lid swap, avoiding the costly downtime of cutting out the entire node to make the upgrade. As a result, they can quickly upgrade their network, minimize installation times, and avoid costly downtimes associated with removing the entire node
- 10Gig CherryPicker (NEW) – The CherryPicker® Application Platform (CAP) represents leading-edge IP-based solutions for today's high-density digital video applications for Digital Program Insertion, EBIF Ad Decision Management, rate shaping, and stream conditioning. Motorola is addressing the proliferation of 10G networking with a Fall 2012 upgrade to the CAP-1000 standard configuration that includes 10G I/O networking support—-a 10-fold increase in I/O capability. For service providers, this means reduced complexity—as the CAP-1000 can be connected directly to core networking gear—and greater flexibility in traditional DPI and multiplexing applications.
- SRM10 (NEW) – Motorola will also showcase the Supervisory Routing Module (SRM) 10G, a new combined control, switch fabric and network interface card for the BSR 64000 DOCSIS platform that increases the platform's IP ingest capacity by a factor of six. Together with the TXPlus card, the SRM10G enables the BSR 64000 to expand downstream bandwidth by 300% making it the highest density CMTS available. This enables service providers to cost effectively support the growing demand for downstream bandwidth and protects their investment BSR 64000's as they migrate to CCAP.
- TXPlus – Consumer demand for both OTT and managed IP video is increasing bandwidth requirements by 40-60 percent per year. Motorola continues to steadily increase channel density to keep providers ahead of this explosive growth. It recently set a new standard with the TXPlus software upgrade for Motorola's TX32 decoupled downstream module. As a result, Motorola will have the highest density integrated or modular CMTS with a fully redundant system of 384 DOCSIS 3.0 downstream and 288 upstream channels per CMTS and 768 downstream and 576 upstream channels in a standard rack
- APEX3000 –Motorola will also showcase its APEX3000 high-density, CCAP compatible universal edge QAM and its Automated Backup Service, which offers secure incremental offsite data backup with automated alerts and easy management. When fully configured, the APEX3000 uses 80 percent less power or <1W of power per QAM channel versus previous versions.
- ST-6000 Series Transcoder – Motorola's new ST-6000 series transcoder supports evolving network needs and headend requirements – while reducing overall costs – by delivering the highest-quality video per channel within a given bandwidth...or increasing the number of video channels in a given bandwidth with no loss of video quality. The ST-6000 offers flexible channel configurations for significant capital and operational savings and a highly simplified deployment model. With options to consolidate up to 12 channels of MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 onto a single 1RU platform, the ST-6000 provides an up to 80 percent reduction in power consumption and up to 90 percent savings in overall headend space requirements compared to single channel transcoding solutions.
IMPROVING WHOLE-HOME ENERGY EFFICIENCYAt The Cable Show 2012, Motorola also will be demonstrating its strategy for reducing energy consumption in several important ways, including:
- Developing products that consume less energy
- Redefining a whole-home ecosystem, driven by the DCX3600 Video Gateway, in which all connected devices work smarter together
- Innovating new technologies that enable easy whole-home monitoring, control, and energy management as seen in our Connected Home Gateway, a 2012 CES Innovations Award winner and a featured innovation at this year's Imagine Park
- Motorola's President, Dan Moloney, will be a featured speaker in a plenary session on Monday, May 21, from 2:00–3:00 p.m. in Room 153BC East. The discussion, "Glass Act: Video, Viewers and Television's Changing Picture," will focus on how a proliferation of screens, locations and video viewing experiences is reshaping the very definition of "television" – and creating new opportunities for participants across the ecosystem.
- Dan Moloney will also be honored with the Vanguard Award for Associates & Affiliates on Wednesday, May 23. The Vanguard Awards are the industry's most prestigious awards.
- Motorola will have 12 additional industry expert speakers @ The Cable Show. Further details can be found at our blog at MediaExperiences2Go.