After the IPO: A Strategy for Trading Facebook
If it does, I'm a buyer.
Will this happen? Highly doubtful.
So I'm also trying to catch some initial public offering (IPO) shares, but again not holding out a lot of hope. That means I now have a tough decision: What am I willing to pay, and how soon?The stock is already trading at what amounts to a $120 billion-plus valuation (roughly $35-38/share) and I know I'm willing to pay up to $140 billion. It's easier to talk about Facebook's market valuation versus specific share price. There is no exact science and we won't know until we have firm pricing and a firm number of shares. They just raised the share count by 25% and it's not clear if they raised the value by that amount or just increased the percentage of the total company being offered.
More from Minyanville
A Rising Tide: 7 Stocks Poised to Benefit from the Facebook IPO
Is the Facebook IPO Hurting Apple?
Four Reasons to Avoid Facebook Stock
--Written by Sean Udall of Minyanville.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV