Velti Stock Soars (VELT)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Velti (Nasdaq:VELT) have taken a tremendous swing upward. The stock is trading at $7.26 as of 12:41 p.m. ET, 22.8% above Thursday's closing price of $5.91. Volume is at 3.4 million, 2.9 times the daily average of 1.2 million. Velti has a market cap of $359.1 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 13.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Velti plc engages in the provision of mobile marketing and advertising technology and solutions for brands, advertising agencies, mobile operators, and media companies in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa. TheStreet Ratings rates Velti as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. You can view the full Velti Ratings Report. See our top % gaining stocks list for other stocks that are soaring today, or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV