Seattle Genetics (SGEN) is a biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialization of monoclonal antibody-based therapies for cancer. This stock is trading up 2.5% at $20.82 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.8 millionAverage Volume: 1.1 million Volume % Change: 198% From a technical perspective, SGEN exploded higher in earlier trading and even triggered a breakout move above some near-term overhead resistance at $21.04 with monster volume. At last check, SGEN has pulled back off its intraday high of $21.99 to its current price around $20.80. Traders should now only look for long-biased trades if SGEN is trending above $21.04 and today's high of $21.99 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any volume that's near or above 1.1 million shares as bullish. If we get that action, look for SGEN to re-test its 2011 high of $22.40 in the near future. I also featured Seattle Genetics recently in "5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV