Intuit (INTU) is a provider of business and financial management solutions for small and medium-sized businesses, consumers, accounting professionals and financial institutions. This stock is trading up 1.1% at $55.04 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3 millionAverage Volume: 2.4 million Volume % Change: 121% From a technical perspective, INTU is bouncing right off its 200-day moving average of $53.30 here with above average volume. At last check, INTU has hit an intraday high of $56.90 but has since then pulled back towards its current price of around $55. Traders should now only consider long-biased trades in INTU if it can manage to trigger a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once INTU takes out its 50-day moving average of $58.40, and then some near-term overhead resistance at $59 with high-volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 2,355,820 shares. If we get that action soon, then INTU could fill a previous gap back towards $62. On the flipside, I would look for short-biased trades if INTU moves back below its 200-day with high-volume. Intuit shows up on a recent list of 15 Apple-Like Stocks That Could Bear Similar Fruit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV