Shoe Carnival (SCVL) is a family footwear retailer. Shoe Carnival offers customers an assortment of dress, casual and athletic footwear for men, women and children with emphasis on national and regional name brands. This stock is trading up 7.2% at $21.31 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 133,000Average Volume: 106,803 Volume % Change: 136% Shares of SCVL are moving sharply higher today after the company beat Wall Street earnings estimates by 3 cents per share, reported revenues in-line and guided second quarter EPS below consensus. >>5 Cheap, Low-Risk Stocks to Buy From a technical perspective, SCVL is ripping higher here back above its 50-day moving average of $19.89 on above average volume. This move is also pushing SCVL into breakout territory since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $21.12. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as SCVL is trending above its 50-day and $21.12 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider upside volume that's near or well above 106,803 shares as bullish. If we get that action, look for SCVL to hit its next significant overhead resistance levels at $22.61 to $22.70 and possibly take those levels out.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV