Yahoo! (YHOO) is a digital media company. Through the company's technology and insights, Yahoo! delivers digital content and experiences, across devices and globally. This stock is trading up 5.1% at $15.63 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 17.2 millionAverage Volume: 16 million Volume % Change: 140% Shares of Yahoo! are soaring higher today after reports surfaced from Bloomberg that the company is in talks to sell about 20% of Alibaba Group back to the Chinese Internet company for about $7 billion. >>5 Tech Stocks to Buy Instead of Facebook From a technical perspective, YHOO is gapping up sharply here on above average volume. This move is pushing YHOO within range of triggering a breakout trade above some near-term overhead resistance at $15.77. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if YHOO can sustain a move or close above $15.77 with high volume. Look for volume on that move that's near or above 16,020,200 shares. If we get that action soon, look for YHOO to tag its next significant overhead resistance levels at $16.31 to $16.79. Yahoo!, one of Third Point's holdings, was also featured recently in "5 Stocks With New CEOs to Stay Away From."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV