Yahoo! (YHOO) is a digital media company. Through the company's technology and insights, Yahoo! delivers digital content and experiences, across devices and globally. This stock is trading up 5.1% at $15.63 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 17.2 millionAverage Volume: 16 million Volume % Change: 140% Shares of Yahoo! are soaring higher today after reports surfaced from Bloomberg that the company is in talks to sell about 20% of Alibaba Group back to the Chinese Internet company for about $7 billion. >>5 Tech Stocks to Buy Instead of Facebook From a technical perspective, YHOO is gapping up sharply here on above average volume. This move is pushing YHOO within range of triggering a breakout trade above some near-term overhead resistance at $15.77. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if YHOO can sustain a move or close above $15.77 with high volume. Look for volume on that move that's near or above 16,020,200 shares. If we get that action soon, look for YHOO to tag its next significant overhead resistance levels at $16.31 to $16.79. Yahoo!, one of Third Point's holdings, was also featured recently in "5 Stocks With New CEOs to Stay Away From."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV