Singapore Fashion Week Showcases Homegrown And International Labels
By Blue CarreonSingapore's fashion week, more famously known as the Audi Fashion Festival, has been building itself as the fashion week to go to in Asia. I say this because while there is an emphasis on homegrown labels, the people behind the fashion festival also invite designers from the region, as well as international names. Thus, creating a true center of fashion in the region. This year, the season was opened by Mugler under the creative direction of Nicola Formichetti. The Mugler show was a recreation of the house's fall 2012 show in Paris last March. By bringing the collection to Singapore, it increased awareness of the renaissance of the brand. Singapore label Raoul headlined the second day of the collections. Raoul, though founded in Singapore, has an impressive international presence. Designed by Odile Benjamin, Raoul's fall 2012 collection had plenty of smart pieces including those minimalist, almost monastic-looking dresses, the oversized orange and black houndstooth coats and the chic daywear. New York designer Timo Weiland showed his pre-spring 2012 collection as part of the Future Fashion Now (FFN) project. FFN makes the collections available for purchases as soon as they hit the runway via the FFN website. Timo Weiland's collection was the inaugural show for FFN and he showed dresses and separates with cool and hip Upper East Side girls in mindâ¿¿proper with just the right amount of attitude. See the collections of Mugler, Raoul and Timo Weiland in the slideshow. Follow me on Twitter: @bluecarreon Read more from me on Style Intel
- Harold Hamm: The Billionaire Oilman Fueling America's Recovery
- How Wayfair Sells Nearly $1 Billion Worth Of Sofas, Patio Chairs And Cat Playgrounds
- Welcome To Cummins, U.S.A.
- How A Nobel Economist Ruined The Residency Matching System For Newly Minted M.D.'s
- The Lyrical Portfolios Of Hip-Hop's Wealthiest Artists
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV