Top-Ranked Andersons Getting Very Oversold
The DividendRank formula at Dividend Channel ranks a coverage universe of thousands of dividend stocks, according to a proprietary formula designed to identify those stocks that combine two important characteristics â¿¿ strong fundamentals and a valuation that looks inexpensive. Andersons, Inc. (NASD: ANDE) presently has an above average rank, in the top 50% of the coverage universe, which suggests it is among the top most "interesting" ideas that merit further research by investors.
But making Andersons, Inc. an even more interesting and timely stock to look at, is the fact that in trading on Friday, shares of ANDE entered into oversold territory, changing hands as low as $45.25 per share. We define oversold territory using the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which is a technical analysis indicator used to measure momentum on a scale of zero to 100. A stock is considered to be oversold if the RSI reading falls below 30.
Click here to find out what 9 other oversold dividend stocks you need to know about, at DividendChannel.com »
In the case of Andersons, Inc., the RSI reading has hit 30.0 â¿¿ by comparison, the universe of dividend stocks covered by Dividend Channel currently has an average RSI of 37.8. A falling stock price â¿¿ all else being equal â¿¿ creates a better opportunity for dividend investors to capture a higher yield. Indeed, ANDE's recent annualized dividend of 0.60/share (currently paid in quarterly installments) works out to an annual yield of 1.32% based upon the recent $45.57 share price.A bullish investor could look at ANDE's 30.0 RSI reading today as a sign that the recent heavy selling is in the process of exhausting itself, and begin to look for entry point opportunities on the buy side. Among the fundamental datapoints dividend investors should investigate to decide if they are bullish on ANDE is its dividend history.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV