One stock in the communications services complex that looks ready to trigger a big breakout trade is 8x8 (EGHT), which develops and markets telecommunications services for Internet protocol, telephony and video applications, as well as Web-based conferencing and unified communications services, managed hosting and cloud-based computing services. This stock is off to a decent start in 2012, with shares up over 25%.
If you look at the chart for 8x8, you'll notice that this stock has been trading range bound for the past few months, between $3.76 and $4.33 a share. This range for 8x8 has created a base for the stock since buyers have consistently supported the price whenever it's pulled back under $4 toward $3.80 a share. On Thursday, shares of 8x8 soared back above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages with heavy volume. Volume clocked in at 1.64 million shares which are well above its three-month average volume of 569,934 shares. That bullish action has now pushed 8x8 with range of triggering a major breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV