Almost 47% of respondents to TheStreet's Facebook IPO poll predict that the company's shares will close above $50 on Friday. There has already been market chatter in the blogosphere that the stock could surge even further.
After months of speculation, Facebook priced its IPO at $38 a share after market close on Thursday as the social networker gears up for the biggest ever offering from a tech company. Earlier this week, the Menlo Park, Calif.-based firm had increased its IPO price range to between $34 and $38 a share, underlining the intense investor interest in the offering. Facebook had initially predicted a range of $28 to $35 a share
The price of $38 a share gives Facebook a valuation of $104 billion, significantly above the market caps of tech heavyweights Dell (DELL) and HP (HPQ). At $38 a share, the offering would raise more than $16 billion.Just under a quarter of respondents to TheStreet's poll expect that the social networker's shares will close between $45 and $50. Around 12% of respondents think that the stock will close below $34 and just under 8% think that it will close between $34 and $38. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV