VANCOUVER, May 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Plains Creek Phosphate Corporation (" Plains Creek", the " Company") (TSX‐V: PCP) wishes to advise that:
- The Feasibility Study on its Farim Phosphate Project is expected to be completed on or before 31 st July 2012;
- A 43-101 Technical Report on the Preliminary Economic Assessment of the recently announced (2 nd May 2012) Direct Shipping Option ("DSO" ) is expected to be completed on or before 15 th June 2012;
- A Feasibility Study on the DSO is expected to be complete by 31 st July 2012;
- The Farim operations in Guinea Bissau have been placed on care and maintenance until the current political situation in Guinea Bissau stabilizes; and
- The offices in Bissau remain open.
The Company's engineering consultants GBM Minerals Engineering Consultants Limited ("GBM") and Golder Associates ("Golder") have confirmed that the Feasibility Study on the Farim Phosphate Project will be completed on or before 31 st July 2012.
DSO 43-101 Technical Report Preliminary Economic Assessment and Feasibility StudyGBM and Golder have also confirmed that a 43-101 Technical Report on the Preliminary Economic Assessment of the DSO of its Farim Phosphate Project will be completed by 15 th June 2012 and a Feasibility Study on the DSO will be complete by 31 st July 2012. Guinea Bissau Operations The Company wishes to announce that it has placed its Farim operations in Guinea Bissau on care and maintenance until the current political situation in Guinea Bissau stabilizes. The offices in Bissau remain open. NI 43‐101 Compliant Technical Report: The Company's current technical report (the " Technical Report") for its Farim Phosphate Project prepared in accordance with National Instrument 43‐101 (" NI 43‐101") is entitled, "Technical Report on the Preliminary Economic Assessment of the Farim Phosphate Project, Guinea‐Bissau" dated effective February 10, 2011, and was filed under the Company's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com on February 22, 2011. The Technical Report was prepared for the Company by John S. Warwick, B.Sc. (Hons) PIMMM, C.Eng., Eur.Ing. (Mining) of IMC Group Consulting Limited; Andre Lambert, B.Sc., MIMMM, EurGeol of IMC Group Consulting Limited; Alex Mitchell, MIMMM, C.Eng. of GBM Minerals Engineering Consultants Limited; and Michael Short, FIMMM, C.Eng. of GBM Minerals Engineering Consultants Limited, all of whom are independent Qualified Persons as defined under NI 43‐101. About Plains Creek Phosphate Corporation: Plains Creek Phosphate Corporation is a Canadian mining and exploration company focused on advancing Farim Phosphate Project located in Guinea‐Bissau, West Africa. The Project consists of a high‐quality development phosphate deposit containing a NI 43‐101 compliant measured phosphate resource of 69 million tonnes (" Mt") grading 29.9% P2O5, an indicated resource of 15 Mt grading 30.1% P2O5, and an inferred resource of 44 Mt grading 29.6% P2O5. The Project has a 25 year mining plan of 69 Mt phosphate grading 29.9% P2O5, as disclosed in the Company's NI 43‐101 compliant Technical Report. The Company's shares are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the trading symbol "PCP". For additional information, please visit us at www.plainscreek.com . ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD (signed) " Carson Phillips" Carson Phillips Vice‐President, Corporate Development and Director Cautionary Statement Statements in this release may be viewed as forward-looking statements. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. There are no assurances the Company can fulfill such forward-statements and the Company undertakes no obligation to update statements. Such forward looking statements are only predictions; actual events or results may differ materially as a result of risks facing the Company, some of which are beyond the Company's control. In addition, pursuant to NI 43-101, the Company cautions that mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV