Denny’s Corporation (NASDAQ: DENN), one of America’s largest full-service family restaurant chains, today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a new share repurchase program authorizing the Company to repurchase up to another six million shares of its common stock, in addition to repurchases previously authorized. Under the authorization, the Company may purchase common stock from time to time in the open market or in privately negotiated transactions.
The Company also announced that, as of May 17, 2012, it has approximately 1.6 million shares remaining in its current six million share stock repurchase program announced April 4, 2011.
The amount and timing of any purchases will depend upon a number of factors, including the price and availability of the Company's shares, trading volume and general market conditions. As of April 27, 2012, the Company had 96,152,815 shares of common stock outstanding.
About Denny’s CorporationDenny's is one of America's largest full-service family restaurant chains, currently operating 1,680 franchised, licensed, and company-owned restaurants across the United States, Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Guam, Puerto Rico and New Zealand. For further information on Denny's, including news releases, links to SEC filings and other financial information, please visit the Denny's investor relations website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV