Span-America Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPAN) announced today that the Board of Directors approved a 13.6% increase in the company’s quarterly cash dividend to 12.5 cents ($0.125) per share compared with the previous cash dividend of 11 cents ($0.11). The dividend is payable June 6, 2012, to shareholders of record on May 29, 2012.
"The increase in the quarterly dividend underscores our excellent financial results during the first half of fiscal 2012 and our positive long-term outlook for the company. This marks our 90 th consecutive quarter of paying cash dividends and highlights our commitment to building long-term shareholder value,” stated Jim Ferguson, president and chief executive officer of Span-America.
About Span-America Medical Systems, Inc.
Span-America manufactures and markets a comprehensive selection of pressure management products for the medical market, including Geo-Matt®, PressureGuard®, Geo-Mattress®, Custom Care®, Span+Aids®, Isch-Dish®, Risk Manager® and Selan® products. We also supply custom foam and packaging products to the consumer and industrial markets. Through our wholly-owned subsidiary Span Medical Products Canada Inc., we manufacture and market the M.C. Healthcare Products brands of Maxxum, Advantage and Rexx bed frames as well as related case goods, tables and seating products for the long-term care market. Span-America’s stock is traded on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “SPAN.” For more information, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV