Hibbett Sports, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: HIBB):
- Achieves 10th Consecutive Quarter of Comparable Store Sales Increase
- Comparable Store Sales up 11%
- EPS Increases 29%
- Increases Fiscal 2013 Guidance
Hibbett Sports, Inc. (NASDAQ/GS: HIBB), a sporting goods retailer, today announced results for the first quarter ended April 28, 2012.
Net sales for the 13-week period ended April 28, 2012, increased 14.4% to $232.9 million compared with $203.7 million for the 13-week period ended April 30, 2011. Comparable store sales increased 11.1%. Net income for the 13-week period ended April 28, 2012, increased 23.5% to $26.4 million compared with $21.3 million for the 13-week period ended April 30, 2011. Earnings per diluted share increased 29.0% to $0.98 compared with $0.76 for the 13-week period ended April 30, 2011.Jeff Rosenthal, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “The fast pace of sales and momentum we discussed exiting Fiscal 2012 continued throughout our first quarter. We experienced across-the-board strength in all categories, which, when combined with continued cost management and margin improvement, provides further confidence in raising our outlook for Fiscal 2013. We are proud of the commitment toward excellence that our Hibbett associates demonstrate.” For the quarter, Hibbett opened 7 new stores, expanded 2 high performing stores and closed 4 underperforming stores, bringing the store base to 835 in 26 states as of April 28, 2012. Liquidity and Stock Repurchases Hibbett ended first quarter of Fiscal 2013 with $95.8 million of available cash and cash equivalents on the consolidated balance sheet, no bank debt outstanding and full availability under its $80.0 million unsecured credit facilities. During the first quarter, the Company repurchased 316,960 shares of common stock for a total expenditure of $16.8 million. Approximately $131.1 million of the current $250.0 million authorization remains for future stock repurchases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV