LAS VEGAS, May 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Yesterday, amidst 4,000 cheering Domino's Pizza spectators, Pali Grewal won the 2012 World's Fastest Pizza Maker title. Grewal, a Domino's franchise owner from the United Kingdom, made three large pizzas in an impressive 43.9 seconds. That's making three pizzas in about 14 seconds each! Pali won $3,000 in prize money, a trophy and the coveted title of Fastest Pizza Maker presented by Domino's President and CEO, Patrick Doyle.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/55735-domino-s-pizza-world-s-fastest-pizza-maker
"I am elated to have retained the World's Fastest Pizza Maker Competition," said Grewal. "The more you put into the competition, the more you get out. I like to train hard and fight easy – and having won it for the first time in 2010, I had no intention of letting the title go."
The finalists represented Domino's Pizza stores from around the world. They had to hand-stretch fresh dough, sauce and top three large pizzas – one pepperoni, one mushroom and one cheese – as quickly as possible. While speed was important, it was only part of the equation in determining the World's Fastest Pizza Maker. Quality was scrutinized as two judges, highly qualified in Domino's standard pizza-making practices, inspected the stretching of the dough, application of the sauce and portioning of toppings during the competition. If the pizza was not perfect, it was returned to the competitor who remade the entire pizza while still being timed.Grewal has been with Domino's for over 20 years. He has been making pizzas for Domino's since he was 13 years old. Domino's began the "World's Fastest Pizza Maker" competition in 1982 to honor pizza makers who best exemplify the company's philosophy of keeping efficiency in the store to allow sufficient time for safe, timely pizza delivery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV