The balance sheet may not look all that swell on the surface, but once you dig down deep, the long-term debt of the company is primarily lease obligations. The company's liquidity is in good condition.
Dollar Tree (DLTR) operates over 4,200 retail variety stores in the U.S. and Canada, featuring the sale of merchandise from food to household goods for $1. With the unemployment levels of this country remaining at elevated levels, Dollar Tree and its peer group have been in growth mode for several years. Many people who normally shop at normal-priced stores have also begun to shop at Dollar Tree. This whole sector has been the subject of takeovers and attempted takeover in the past few years.
Dollar Tree is expected to grow earnings by 22% in 2012 and 15% in 2013. Results have consistently bettered analysts' expectations in each of the last four quarters by an average of 3.5 cents or nearly 4%. The stock sells at 21 times current earnings and has traded with a one year historic volatility of 22.7%.As of the most recently reported quarter, Dollar Tree was one of Dollar Tree's holdings. -- Written by Scott Rothbort in Millburn, N.J.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV