Some of those indications are listed here on this page and as I mentioned at the onset many of them we're currently investigating with the approval of PBA. We're currently enrolling the Neuropathic Pain study. Soon we'll enroll the Behavioral Disturbances in Alzheimer's study but when you look at NMDA and sigma-1, there is potential in Korea, (inaudible) depression, autism and also sigma-1 is believed to play an important role in memory and cognition. So a number of areas that we can explore the therapeutic utility of NUEDEXTA or deuterated dextromethorphan over time.
So as I mentioned, NUEDEXTA is a combination of dextromethorphan and quinidine and dextromethorphan when taken by itself is rapidly metabolized by the human body and you can see that in the chart here down below, that’s 45 milligrams of dextromethorphan and you get very little dextromethorphan in the plasma at steady state. So the addition of just 10 milligrams of quinidine, what we do is we dramatically increase the bioavailability of dextromethorphan and significantly raise the levels of dextromethorphan in the plasma and that’s demonstrated in the line at the top there and you can see a many folds higher amount of dextromethorphan available in the plasma. This allows dextromethorphan to pass the blood brain barrier and confer therapeutic benefits in PBA and as I mentioned we think many other potential indications as well.
So PBA is something that not many people are familiar with unless you have family or friends that have suffered from some type of neurologic disease or injury. So if PBA must occur secondary to neurologic disease or injury. This includes Alzheimer's disease, ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, stroke or traumatic brain injury and the hallmarks of PBA are uncontrolled episodes of laughing and/or crying.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV